Even though the physical boundaries between rural and urban are getting narrower day by day, everyday life breaks away from the landscape, and the reflection of technological developments does not manifest the same in agricultural production and rural context. The idea that the project is based on is the integration of the Maltepe Gas Plant with the urban and rural context.
The Atatürk Forest Farm (AOÇ), where agricultural technology was developed and produced in the immediate vicinity of factory, has been a major factor in the development of many factories along with its railway axis. The Maltepe Gas Factory was built on the continuation of this railway line and it was articulated at the heart of Ankara at the end of the AOC entering the city. The fact that the railway, which is a network between rural and urban, is in a position to be connected to the city is increasing the importance of the factory.
The new proposal turns the factory, which is part of the production infrastructure via railway, into the meeting point of the city with the countryside. The meeting point establishes a cultural and social connection between Atatürk Forest Farm and the city, which is located in the city and spreads to a wide area of agricultural application.
This link is founded on strengthening the relationship by informing the public and farmers on agricultural developments and practices. While the new proposal is part of the urban and rural infrastructure, it is divided into fragments within itself, creating the necessary ground for agricultural development, where people and farmers can intervene.
- 1. The Farmers’ Congress is a parliamentary structure in which farmers and cooperatives meet and solve problems by bringing together the townspeople and farmers through the political axis intersection defined by railroad axis and Atatürk Boulevard.
- 2. Laboratories constitute units for the development of agriculture technologies in which people can take part and participate in this process.
- 3. Fairgrounds are the activities that the products of agricultural technology can be exhibited.
- 4. The common kitchen is the unit where people come together and return to the social meeting point where the basic activities they perform three times a day.
- 5. Market Areas are a collection of places where farmers can come and sell their products all over the country.